EDC designs curricula and instructional resources that help teachers weave effective literacy instruction into rich science explorations and investigations. Our literacy-infused science materials have been published by Redleaf Press, LAB-AIDS, Carolina Biological Supply, and Heinemann. View the following resources to learn more:
- Young Scientist Series (preschool through Kindergarten)
- The Essentials of Science and Literacy: A Guide for Teachers (K-6)
- EDC Earth Science (high school)
- Biology: Concepts & Practices (high school)
- Chemistry: Concepts & Practices (high school)
The last three curricula engage students in reading and analyzing real-life case studies to spark their interest in science and help them comprehend major scientific concepts. Feedback from teachers who helped EDC field test the materials indicated that in addition to supporting students in honing their literacy skills, the case studies helped engage and retain students' interest in learning and played a key role in enhancing students’ ability to understand and articulate their understanding of scientific concepts.