EDC launched its new Developing Mathematical Practice in High School (DMP) course during a reception held at the 2013 National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM) Annual Conference in Denver, CO. EDC’s reception brought together over 70 mathematics leaders from school districts in 14 states and 10 universities—including the University of California, Berkeley, the University of Arizona, and the University of Michigan—with 20 of EDC’s K–12 mathematics instructional designers, researchers, and professional developers. Among the honored guests: Henry Kepner, Past-President of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics; Bill McCallum, Lead Writer of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics; Diana Kasbaum, President of the Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics; and Diana Suddreth, President-Elect of the Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics.
EDC’s new DMP course provides background and strategies to implement the Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practice in high school. The course has two components: a facilitator course, for those interested in implementing the course in their own districts and an educator course geared at teachers and teacher leaders who would like to focus on everyday topics where these practices can bring insights and coherence to high school mathematics. Both courses will be offered in Chicago, IL during the week of July 29, 2013–August 3, 2013.
- Learn more about and register for the July 29, 2013–August 3, 2013 DMP course for teachers and the DMP course for facilitators in Chicago.
- Browse through a sampler of the DMP course.
- Explore the resources, professional development, and support offered by our Mathematical Practices Institute.
- View and register for upcoming webinars focused on the Mathematical Practices.
- Visit our Implementing the Mathematical Practices website to learn more about the Mathematical Practices and how to connect them to the content standards.
- Find out more about all of our Mathematics work.
Last Updated: May 2013