On September 10, Representative George Miller (D-CA) cited the work of the Regional Educational Laboratory (REL) Northeast and Islands’ Early Childhood Education Research Alliance in Congressional testimony about the Institute of Education Sciences. In his testimony, Miller said: “…The Northeastern regional lab created a research alliance on early childhood. That alliance gathered the region’s early childhood stakeholders to create a research agenda that focuses on standards, assessments, and practices to improve early education. The resulting research will now be more useful to practitioners and [they] have a ready-made network for disseminating it.” (At left: Jill Weber, Director of the REL Northeast and Islands.)
- Read Miller’s full testimony.
- Learn more about the research, resources, and events of the REL Northeast and Islands.
- Explore the work of all of the REL Northeast and Islands' Research Alliances.
- Read a blog post by Karen Shakman, Lead Researcher for the Northeast Educator Effectiveness Research Alliance.
- Go to the REL Northeast & Islands' multimedia center to view a wide range of videos about research alliances and key regional research priorities.
Last Updated: September 2013