EDC’s Dr. Babette Moeller and her colleagues at Bank Street College of Education have designed a unique, effective professional development program to improve elementary math instruction. Newly published by Corwin in association with EDC, their comprehensive, multi-media Math for All (K–2) program engages general and special education teachers in collaboratively planning standards-based math lessons. A special emphasis is placed on developing a deep understanding of each student to ensure all students succeed in and benefit from mathematics learning.
The Math for All (K–2) suite of materials features books with step-by-step guidance for facilitators and participants, as well as DVDs that show examples of high-quality math instruction “in action” in the classroom. All materials focus on three aspects of instruction:
- Assessing young students’ strengths and needs
- Using multiple strategies to teach specific math concepts
- Tailoring lessons to ensure each student achieves high-quality learning outcomes in mathematics and meets the Common Core State Standards
Also available: A suite of materials for professional developers who work with Grade 3–5 educators.
- Learn more about and order Math for All (K-2) and Math for All (3-5).
- Join Dr. Moeller and her colleagues at the April 2013 Annual Convention of the Council for Exceptional Children and learn more about the Math for All approach.
- Read a blog post by Dr. Moeller about research related to Math for All.
- Learn more about our work to promote Equal Access to Quality Mathematics Experiences.
Last Updated: January 2013