REL Northeast & Islands at EDC has created a series of three complementary guides that provide an overview of the survey research process designed for educators. The guides address collaborative survey development, sampling respondents, survey administration, and analysis and reporting of survey data. The guides also provide detailed, real-world examples of how the process has been used in REL Northeast & Islands research alliances. With these guides, educators will be able to develop their own surveys and sampling and analysis plans.
Part One, “Collaborative Survey Development” outlines the following steps:
- Identify topics of interest
- Identify relevant, existing survey items
- Draft new survey items and adap existing survey items
- Review draft survey items with stakeholders and content experts
- Refine the draft survey using cognitive interviewing